BIG FUN Education: An author event with Paul Stickland



Dinosaur Roar! Video Hangout with BIG FUN Education!

It was a great pleasure to be part of +BIG FUN Education's inaugural author event live on Google Plus recently. It's the very first time that I've presented a Dinosaur Roar! author event live in a google plus video hangout. Confidently hosted and assisted by founder +Annabelle Howard and +Azlin Bloor, I had the extraordinary experience of reading and engaging with children in both Hawaii and Argentina!
I used the colourful Keynote presentation of Dinosaur Roar! which I use at author events and workshops in schools, libraries and festivals and, with a minor hiccup, it worked really well. Being able to zoom in on details of my dinosaur illustrations, allows children to enjoy the details that they would normally only be able to appreciate in a book.
The children had some great questions for me and it was so cool to be able to see and converse with them on the other side of the planet!
I've been wanting to try out this amazing hangout technology for a long time and I'm so grateful to Azlin and Annabel for de-mystifying the whole process. It's giving me ideas for other author events!
Time to get the hang of hangouts!


How it was seen in a classroom in Hawaii!







No comments:

Post a Comment